- First two days are always the hardest
- Until it becomes a strong habit you need to revolve the rest of your life around your fitness routine (Finish my workout and then go out/Meet friends an hour later so I can finish my workout. Basically postpone anything that interferes with my workout!) and not the other way around.
- Its more important to listen to your body than to stick to the same routine.
- Never try any exercise or workout schedule or diet just because it worked for someone else
- Cardio is a MUST. Just because you are thin and people say cardio is mainly for shedding calories and fat, doesn’t mean its not for you. The intensity can be moderated depending on what you are targeting (weight loss/weight gain/stamina)
- Extremely important to warm-up and cool-off (I skipped doing it a couple of times and almost had a sprain)
- Its important to have rest days but I don’t have any ‘fixed’ rest days. Depends on how tired I am feeling.
- I need constant change in life. I strongly dislike routine. I discovered this applies even to my workout. I keep trying to include/exclude exercises to keep things interesting (I pick and choose from the pool!)
What I use:
Next post(s): Diet and food, Workout details.