1. I made a major major decision regarding my career.. no doubt it was tough.. i still dont know where am heading.. but gut feeling says its the right path.. so thats good for now..
2. I have taken some major major decisions in my personal life… they have turned to to be great! Much better than what i expected.
3. I have fallen sick only once last year.. dint get my usual cycle of cold-cough-fever every 6 months.. so double thumbs up!!
4. The fourth consecutive marriage took place in out family this year… assuming ill get married in 2012 or 2013.. people wondering who’s going to fill the gap for the next 2 years.. but i feel its best we break the trend.. the sooner the better!
5. After school i think this was one of the best years… not to insult my intermediate and college days.. i did have fun then… but this is completely different.
6. The maximum number of hours spent away from home was in 2010. Thanks to “DELUXE”. Certain people will know what i mean. I have also made some very good friends.. again thanks to DELUXE and Cognizant. Thanks Srinija and Keerti! Wouldnt have survived without you.
7. 2010 has also marked the arrival of 2 new members in the family… am talking about two sweet, cuddly babies waiting to get pampered.. of course they have not yet arrived technically.. but they are on the way!!!
8. My first real foreign trip happened in 2010.. and incidentally the longest one.. ok well second trip.. but i dont consider Mauritius as foreign somehow…
9. Went on my first official business trip to bangalore.. typical executive meeting.. catch a flight in the morning- attend meeting – catch the evening flight back home.. except that.. i spent the “attend meeting” part shopping with my cousin, while my dad acutally attended the meeting..
10. Am finally driving my car.. and by that i mean regularly.. i learnt for the first time in 9th class, and it was followed by one long break after another.. Finally happened in 2010!
11. I put on weight. Haha.. now thats the true Highlight!
12. This marks the end of a very busy year and the start of an even busier year. (The only difference is in the things that am doing)
A special ‘Thank You’ to all the people who have made a difference in my life this year
Mom & Dad – For everything
Sri – For eating my brain as always and for all the nonsense and sense that we talk 🙂
Shwetha – For all the fun, gossip, never ending philosophy, lots of laughter and lots of crazy stuff, for the time we spent together, for considering me your best friend. Still . (haha)
Rashmi – For being the awesome person that you are. No matter after how long we meet.. nothing ever changes!
Srinija – You helped me survive deluxe. I guess we helped each other out! For all the cribbing sessions that we had(how i miss those!), and the plans that we made (and the ones that flopped… like ummmm… tattoos? i dont think i can mention the others here!).
Keerti – For being the (sometimes exasperating) Miss. Perfect that she is 🙂 For all the motivation to get out of office at sharp 6! and for going shopping at 9 in the morning !
Gopal – For being the mentor and guide that you were and still are.
Amuktha & Anusha – For all the things we went through and shared.. for 6 years! Its only brought us closer.
Bharath – For talking.. just talking.. after 23 years! No i actually i dont even forgive you!
Apurva – For being back to how we were before 🙂 The moment we meet… we are lost in talking.. there is no stopping us!
And also to many more people… strangers who have been an inspiration… acquaintances turned into friends… poeple somewhere who have somehow touched my life.
The New Year spirit is becoming infectious.. I think i have caught some. I was never a New-Year-Celebrating-Kind-Of-Person. But this time i thought i’ll just go with the flow… Just like how i optimistically think that “Its a new day tomorrow!” whenever am down in the dumps.. i thought ill extend that to “Its a New Year!”.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!