Agam is a management student and also one of the most down-to-earth and sophisticated girls I’ve ever known in blogosphere. She perfectly integrates all the latest trends into her daily dressing with a dose of her own individual style and that’s what makes her stand apart(we all like a little personal touch don’t we?). As most of you know, the main aspect that attracts me to any blog (even a fashion blog) is the way that person writes. And this sassy young lady writes so well and how! She isn’t afraid to experiment with her style. She’s bold, she’s fun, she’s hot, she’s classy…. and she’s agreed to do a guest post for me! 😉 Check out her blog – Trimmings and Lace.
A big, bright hello to all the lovely readers!!
I am Agam from TrimmingsAndLace
. It came as a wonderful surprise to hear from Chandana offering me a guest post for her amazing blog. I’ll be candid to admit that it was indeed ‘THE MADE MY DAY” moment and I was delighted and super excited to jump onto this voyage.
However, the moment I sat down to pen this post it seemed like that the words would never come. Perhaps it was the pressure of fitting into Chandana’s shoes and making your effort to come over to her blog and finding me here exciting and interesting.
So, to talk what I perhaps talk best – the Autumn / Winter runways saw a powerful comeback of long skirts – from pencil skirts to long column skirts, from the flared ones to the floor grazing ones, skirts definitely seemed to rule the roost. For this very post, I too adorned this effortlessly chic garment to create an autumny option for the day.
Here’s a look:
I wore an A–line side cut column skirt in rich purple with a basic stripped T – shirt. I went a mile more when it came to accessories by wearing these light beaded earings, a bangle and a cocktail ring. I am the one who likes keeping accessories subtle and let statement pieces do the talking, but isn’t it always fun to experiment and come out with good results. Well ya that’s what I would like to believeJ.
However, I did make a conscious effort to keep the outfit and accessories in more or less dual tones. I did not incorporate much of colour. But I did bring in some texture with my snake – skinned sling bag and pumps.
Skirt: Thrifted from Dubai
T – Shirt, Sling bag and Cocktail ring: Forever 21
Bangle and Earings: Thrifted
So what do you guys think of my outfit?
Skirts always present multiple options as to how they can be worn. I leave you guys with my favourite ‘skirt options’ for the season. I hope you all enjoyed this post as much as I did putting it together. Please visit me on my blog
with your comments and suggestions. I shall be honoured. Once again thank you so much Chandana for inviting me to do this post and sharing my take on fashion with your readers!
- A whole lot prim and proper, team up pencil skirts with chiffon, georgette, crepe or lace blouses for that super feminine look. Try tweed skirts or jackets to exude that Audrey Hepburn charm.
- The day outfit I wear can be carried forward to the night by wearing a sharp blazer. If you wish to go edgier team a similar outfit with the classic black biker jacket.
- Try super glam sequined skirts from ZARA. Wear them with pristine white shirts for a sophisticated yet super glamorous look.
- It’s autumn and the stockings are out!! Add strong, colouful contrasts to woolen and patterned skirts.
- Bring in colour, smile and enjoy – that’s the real fashion trivia that never fails and a trend to make not only your outfits but your life beautiful.
Thank you for stopping by…